Here, at Janette Cardy Fitness Performance Coaching we are running an overseas training camp in Portugal in March this year.
Of course, you are welcome to join us. However this post isnt about promoting our own camp, its about helping you to choose the right camp for you.
Here are my 5 top tips.
1. Location. How far do you want to travel. Is the weather a consideration for you? Obviously location will affect costs too.
2. Do they provide you with a rough draft of the weekly training plan? Personally, I like having this. As, I then know how many sessions are available, will there be enough focus on my weakest element of triathlon etc.
3. How many coaches and how qualified and experienced are they? What support are they providing?
4. Hotel facilities and food provided. I dont want to pay alot extra when I am away. So, are my meals included? Is someeone there to help with setting the bike up etc? or is this an added cost?
5. Can i email the coach/orgainiser before and after the camp with any questions. Is follow up allowed. Thats really important to me when I attend camps as an athlete.
If you would like to discuss how to find a training camp that really works for you, please feel free to contact us directly for an informal chat.